The OVERBERG DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY, with its Head Office in Bredasdorp and located in the Overberg region of the Western Cape, is inviting applications for the following senior management vacancy from suitably qualified professionals.
DIRECTOR CORPORATE SERVICES
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and proven competence is on offer, plus a 7% remote allowance, the total remuneration package is excluding a performance-based bonus.
Total Remuneration package per annum (Minimum)
Total Remuneration Package per annum (Midpoint)
Total Remuneration Package per annum (Maximum)
The successful candidate will effectively manage the corporate services of the municipality inter alia, Council and Committee administration, Administrative support services; Switchboard and Customer care; Office cleanliness; Records management, archives and workflow, legal services; Property management, Human Resources Management/Development in order to ensure that directorate is productive, effective and efficient and that strategic goals and plans are set and achieved within the area of responsibility.
- A bachelor’s degree in Public Administration/ Management Science/ Law/ other relevant field or equivalent qualification, registered on the National Qualifications Framework at NQF level7 with a minimum of 360 credits:
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ Experience at middle management level:
- Have proven successful management experience in administration:
- Competencies as set out in the Local Government: Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers, GNR 21, GG37245 dated 17 January 2014:
- Successful complete all the Prescribed Minimum Competency Level in Unit Standards as required in Regulation 7 provided for in Government Regulation No.493, published in GG 29967 dated 15 June 2007, as amended by GN.R 1146 AS published in GG 41996 dated 26 October 2018, alternatively with Government Notice Regulation, No. 1146 of 26 October 2018, as promulgated in Government Gazette No.41996
- Excellent facilitation and communications skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape:
- Adherence to Schedule 2 of Government Gazette 37245 dated 17 January 2014
- A Code B driver’s license
- Own transport
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislations
- Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance systems
- Proven successful management experience in administration
- Good knowledge of Corporate Support Services, including Human Capital, Legal Services, Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Council Committee Support services, Registry, Communications and Customer Relations Act, and other coordination and oversight of all specialized support functions
- Knowledge of local government environment, excellent communication and negotiating skills at all levels of local government
- Good skills in conflict resolution, problem solving and ability to be decisive
- Human Resources Management
- Legal Service
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Communications & Customer Relations Management
- Administration Services
- Council and Committee administration
- Corporate support to other directorate
Terms of appointment:
- A fixed term contract of employment, not exceeding one year after the next Local Government elections, to be negotiated, including signing of an employment contract and performance agreement in terms of Section 57 of the Municipal Systems Act and declaration of financial interest.
The position is subject to:
- Provision of contactable references and agreement to the municipality conducting personal credential verification, competency assessment, security vetting and reference checks.
All applicants must submit the prescribed application form for Senior Managers, (found on www.odm.org.za) together with a detailed CV, certified copies of original qualifications, ID document and driver’s licence, the names of three references from current and previous employers including their current e-mail address must be submitted to Dr Riel Hugo on the following email address email@example.com. For any enquiries on this regard please contact acting Municipal Manager Mr P. Oliver on 0284251157, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form: https://odm.org.za/download_document/2149
CLOSING DATE: 18 MARCH 2022
Last published 07 March 2022
- Overberg District Municipality is committed to Equal Opportunity. Candidates from designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
- It would be expected of candidates to be subjected through evaluations and that previous and current employers, as well as references will be contacted. Verification will be done on qualifications, criminal and credit records, as well as security vetting. The candidate will be required to disclose all financial interests.
- Overberg District Municipality complies with the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act4 of 2013(POPIA), Applicants agree that their personal information maybe recorded and processed by the Municipality.
- The appointment will be done in accordance with the Regulation on appointment and conditions of employment of Senior Managers
- If no notification is received within 90 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful. The right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise is reserved by council.