The OVERBERG DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY has the following vacancy in the Directorate: Community Services, Department: LED, Tourism, Resorts, to be filled temporarily as soon as possible:
MANAGER: LED, TOURISM & RESORTS (7 MONTHS CONTRACT)
Requirements: A relevant three-year tertiary qualification, preferably a National Diploma or B degree, 8 years or more relevant experience of which 2 years must be at Supervisory level. Computer Literacy: MS Office. Valid Code B driver’s license.
Other requirements: Full range of administrative knowledge in the manage of the function. Manage administrative and clerical staff. Applicant must be literate in at least two of the three Official Languages of the Western Cape.
Responsibilities/ Duties: The incumbent is responsible to manage the Community and Economic Development Planning, Tourism initiatives and manage, co-ordinate Council’s Resorts. The incumbent is responsible for all people management functions in the division. Co-ordinate and control all budgetary activities and financial performance to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the Resorts within the budgetary constraints. Manage the Resort and ensure that all tasks are implemented on time and according to the budget and required scope and quality. Manage all the assets to its full potential in order to ensure a good income. Ensure quality standards for infrastructure and technical maintenance of the Resort. Develop a long- and short-term operational plan, to ensure the Resorts sustainability as a tourism attraction. Ensure that all Occupational Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to. Ensure that the company standards for guest’s services, décor and housekeeping are met.
The competency level for this position is a level 4 as stipulates in Annexure A of the Municipal Staff Regulations Government Notice No. 890 as promulgated in Government Gazette 45181 dated 20 September 2021 and comprises of the following competencies.
|Core Professional Competencies||Functional Competencies||Public Service Orientation Competencies||Personal Competencies||Management/ Leadership Competencies|
|• Written and Oral communication
• Oral communication
• Attention to detail
• Ethics and Professionalism
• Organisational Awareness
• Problem Solving
• Planning and Organising
|• Business processes
• Use of technology
• Data processing & Analysis
|• Interpersonal Relationships
• Service delivery orientation
• Client orientation and Customer focus
|• Action orientation
• Change readiness
• Cognitive ability
• Learning Orientation
|• Impact and influence
• Team Orientation
• Direction setting
• Coaching and mentoring
Job related enquiries: Mr R Geldenhuys at 028 425 1157
Salary: T-14 = R 454 104 – R 589 440
Closing date: 25 November 2022
All applications must be submitted on the prescribed ODM application form, (found on www.odm.org.za) together with a detailed CV, certified copies of original qualifications, ID document and driver’s licence, the names of three references from current and previous employers including their current e-mail addresses. All documents are to be returned to the Department: Human Resources, Private Bag X22, Bredasdorp 7280 for attention Ms Anita August or email to email@example.com . Incomplete and late applications and applications with no proof of requirements will not be processed or considered.
1. Overberg District Municipality is committed to Equal Opportunity. Candidates from designated groups, are encouraged to apply.
2. It would be expected of candidates to be subjected through evaluations and that previous and current employers, as well as references will be contacted. Verification will be done on qualifications, criminal and credit records.
3. Overberg District Municipality complies with the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act4 of 2013 (POPIA), Applicants agree that their personal information may be recorded and processed by the Municipality.
4. If no notification is received within 90 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful. The right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise is reserved by council.