INTERNAL (Only employees currently employed at the Overberg District Municipality can apply. Qualified candidates of the respective Fire stations will receive preference.)
The Overberg District Municipality have the following vacancies in the Directorate Community Services, Department Emergency Services, to be filled as soon as possible:
FIREFIGHTER (2x BREDASDORP, 1x SWELLENDAM)
· Grade 12
· IFSAC Accredited NFPA 1001 Fire Fighter I Certificate
· IFSAC Accredited NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Awareness Certificate or proof from Institution that certificate will be issued
· Two years continuous fire services experience in a Municipal environment or designated fire services
· Valid code C1 drivers’ licence
· Must comply with Medical Fitness and Physical Fitness
· Perform operational functions of the services as determined by the Fire Act in order to save lives and property and render humanitarian services.
· Fire Fighter
· Performing Recues and Emergency Medical Services
· Handling of Hazardous materials incidents
· Humanitarian services (Animal rescue, Assistance during disasters and mitigation of floods and storm damage)
· Assist in Fire Prevention Activities
· Public Fire and Life Safety Education
· Take control of small to medium fires/incidents
Remuneration: (T8= 186 840 – R242 508 per annum) plus the normal fringe benefits of a Local Authority.
Closing date: 18 June 2021
Application forms available at all ODM offices and on the website (www.odm.org.za). Completed application forms and/or CV are to be returned to the Department: Human Resources, Private Bag X22, Bredasdorp 7280. Certified copies of qualifications must be attached to applications. Incomplete and late applications and applications with no proof of requirements will not be processed. For any enquiries in this regard you can phone Ms. Nadia September on (028) 425 1157 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overberg District Municipality is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates from designated groups are encouraged to apply. If no notification is received within 90 days after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. The right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise is reserved. Canvassing will disqualify any candidate from being considered for appointment.
Last published 07 June 2021