The OVERBERG DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY, with its Head Office in Bredasdorp and located in the Overberg region of the Western Cape, seeks a competent and visionary leader to head the Department: Financial Services. Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons with innovative and strategic thinking ability, strong communication skills and a quality and results driven attitude.
HEAD: FINANCIAL SERVICES
- A post graduate qualification in a relevant financial field of study
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience at Local Government of which one-year middle management level and 3 years in a role related position
- Compliance with the minimum competency requirements for financial officials as per Government Notice R493 dated 15 June 2007 or Government Gazette 40593 dated 3 February 2017
- Sound knowledge of Local Government Financial Management Systems, SAMRAS and MSCOA migration to the web will be preferable
- Be provisioned in Excel, proof of training will be advantageous
- Valid Code B Driver’s licence
- Asset Management (including property investment management) work experience
- Insurance background as part of work function or educational training
- Registration with a recognised relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- No criminal record
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
- Assume overall responsibility for supporting the Chief Financial Officer with the financial services departments effective and effective functionality.
- Report directly to the CFO.
- Compile the annual and adjustment operating and capital budget and assist in preparing the Financial Statements in accordance with General Accepted Municipal Accounting Principles (GRAP)
- Responsible for managing the Assets, Insurance, Investment and Property investment divisions of the municipality
- Responsible for financial compliance, and reporting division according to the MFMA and other relevant legislation
- Engage and respond to the Auditor General and prepare audit files pertaining all financial services related documentation Planning, organising and controlling of all activities of the Financial Services Department
- Ensure proper and diligent compliance with acceptable Municipal Finance Management Legislation in all aspects.
- Attending council and committee meetings as delegated to the position.
Remuneration: T15: R499 188 – R647 916 per annum plus the normal fringe benefits of a Local Authority.
Closing date: 18 October 2021
Application forms are available on the municipal website (www.odm.org.za) and at all ODM offices or can be requested from the Human Resources Department at
028 425 1157 during office hours.
Completed application forms and a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, accompanied by an original certified copy of your Identity document and relevant qualification/s, must be submitted to the following email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Please address all enquires pertaining to this position to Mr N Kruger on the following contact details: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 0284251157. Incomplete and late applications, and applications with no proof of qualifications will not be considered or processed.
Overberg District Municipality is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates from designated groups are encouraged to apply.
If no notification is received within 90 days after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. The right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise is reserved. Canvassing will disqualify any candidate from being considered for appointment.
Disabled people are encouraged to apply.
Last published 04 October 2021