The OVERBERG DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY, with its Head Office in Bredasdorp and located in the Overberg region of the Western Cape, seeks a competent and visionary leader to head its Administration. Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons with innovative and strategic thinking ability, strong communication skills and a quality and results driven attitude.
RE-ADVERTISEMENT: MUNICIPAL MANAGER
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and proven competence is on offer, plus a 7% remote allowance, the total remuneration package is excluding a performance-based bonus.
Total Remuneration Package per annum (Minimum)
Total Remuneration Package per annum (Midpoint)
Total Remuneration Package per annum (Maximum)
As the Accounting Officer and Head of the Administration the incumbent will assume overall responsibility for the Strategic Direction and Leadership of the Municipality.
- B Degree or a relevant qualification at NQF level 7 (360 credits)
- Successfully completed all the Prescribed Minimum Competency Level in Unit Standards as required in Regulation 3 provided for in Government Regulation No. 493, published in GG 29967 dated 15 June 2007, as amended by GN.R 1146 as published in GG 41996 dated 26 October 2018, alternatively successfully completed the prescribed Unit Standards within 18 months from the date of appointment in accordance with Government Notice Regulation, No.1146 of 26 October 2018, as promulgated in Government Gazette No. 41996;
- A postgraduate qualification in fields related to public administration will be an added advantage;
- 5 years’ minimum relevant experience at a Senior Management Level and have a proven institutional transformation record in the public or private sector;
- The required core and leading competencies as stipulated in Annexure A of the Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers Government Notice 21 in Government Gazette 37245 dated 17 January 2014;
- Advance knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation;
- Advanced understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management;
- Advanced understanding of council operations and delegation of power;
- Proven track record of good governance, audit and risk management, budget and finance management;
- Ability to be an innovative and strategic leader;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape;
- Adherence to Schedule 2 of Government Gazette 37245 dated 17 January 2014; and
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Provide corporate / strategic leadership • ensure allocation, management and optimisation of resources • to facilitate the development of systems / strategies to deal with statutory responsibilities / provisions accordance with applicable legislation • to drive organisational performance and sustainability • to liaise with, consult and advise political office bearers • set up systems and procedures to ensure adherence to organisational values • manage the Municipality and its finance in compliance with relevant legislation • manage effective staff utilisation and promoting healthy labour relations compliant with relevant labour legislation • to manage sound stakeholder relations and expectation management.
Terms of appointment:
- A fixed term contract of employment, not exceeding one year after the next Local Government elections, to be negotiated, including signing of an employment contract and performance agreement in terms of Section 57 of the Municipal Systems Act and declaration of financial interest.
The position is subject to:
- Provision of contactable references and agreement to the municipality conducting personal credential verification, competency assessment, security vetting and reference checks.
The prescribed application form, (found on www.odm.org.za) together with a detailed CV, certified copies of original qualifications, ID document and driver’s licence, the names of three references from current and previous employers including their current e-mail address must be submitted to Dr Riel Hugo on the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. For any enquiries pertaining the position contact Executive Mayor, Alderman A Franken on: 0284251157.
Application form: https://odm.org.za/download_document/2149
CLOSING DATE: 18 MARCH 2022
Last published 07 March 2022
- Overberg District Municipality is committed to Equal Opportunity. Candidates from designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
- It would be expected of candidates to be subjected through evaluations and that previous and current employers, as well as references will be contacted. Verification will be done on qualifications, criminal and credit records, as well as security vetting. The candidate will be required to disclose all financial interests.
- Overberg District Municipality complies with the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), Applicants agree that their personal information maybe recorded and processed by the Municipality.
- The appointment will be done in accordance with the Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers
- If no notification is received within 90 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful. The right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise is reserved by council.
- All applicants who previously applied are encouraged to re-apply again on the prescribed application form for Senior Managers