EXCITING TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES FOR UNEMPLOYED YOUTH WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The Western Cape Government (WCG) Department of Transport and Public Works is inviting suitably qualified applicants residing in the Overberg District to apply for trade learnership training opportunities in the construction industry.
• PLUMBING L4 (Ref. POB)
• ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING L3 (Ref. EEOB)
CLOSING DATE: 30 June 2022.
• Successful candidates will be informed of the outcome of their applications by 23 September 2022
Important information to note:
- Only unemployed youth between 18-30 years will be considered
- Candidates can only apply for a training opportunity in the region where they reside
- A substance abuse test and medical test will form part of the final selection and appointment process
- Females, youth with disabilities and youth in conflict with the law are encouraged to apply
The Learnership Programme entails:
• Undergoing theoretical and practical training at a public or private technical and vocational education and training (TVET) college;
• working on a building site;
• applying health and safety regulations; maintaining work areas; and undertaking administrative tasks.
• PLUMBING Learnership applications: Grade 11 or TVET equivalent with a pass in Mathematical Literacy. Preference will be given to applicants with prior knowledge / experience of the trade.
• ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING Learnership applications: Grade 11 or TVET equivalent with a pass in Mathematical. Literacy. Preference will be given to applicants who have completed Electrical NQF L2.
• Applicants must enjoy good health and be willing to undergo a medical and substance abuse examination.
• Successful applicants will be required to work on a construction site as part of the learnership training.
• Successful applicants must be willing to travel and work at various building sites across the Western Cape.
• Successful applicants will be required to sign a 12-month Learnership Agreement.
Stipend: R2 500 per month for the duration of the Learnership Agreement.
• Applicants can use facilities at a local library, Thusong Centre, E-Centre Youth Café or internet café to register on the SA Youth.Mobi platform.
• Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide a CV and certified copies of ID and their highest education certificate when they are invited for an interview.
Register online: https://sayouth.datafree.co/.
Enquiries: Monday to Friday 08:00–16:00
• Western Cape Government Walk-in Centre: 0860 142 142
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Address: 9 Wale Street, Cape Town, 8001
• Harambee (online support): 0800 72 72 72
• Email: email@example.com